Hello Friend, I’m SO glad you’re here!!
I’m always so delighted whenever anyone reads what I have to say. I started this blog as way to connect with my friends who live far away. We move a lot (military) and have left friends all over the country. This is just my piece of the web to share what we have going on at our house.
When I look at other people’s blogs I always read their About section. I guess I like to see if I have anything in common with them besides just the one post I happened to read. I don’t know what to write so how about a list? I’m a list person anyways.
- I’m a Christian. And a sinner. I know I’m not perfect, but it is only through God’s Grace that I am saved.
- I’m a little bit of a home-body. We have moved a lot and throughout our marriage we have been separated for long periods of time. So I treasure the times together. I love spending a night in with all three of us (plus now our dog) more than going out to dinner and getting all fancy.
- I never thought I’d be a stay at home mom and I never thought I’d be homeschooling. Sometimes I miss going to work. Sometimes I want to throw in the towel on homeschooling. That’s just the reality–everyone has those days. I’m not going to tell you that everyday I’m spouting rainbows, but I’m very happy where I am.
- There are almost no pictures of me in the last 5 years. I have to make an effort to remember to hand the camera to someone else every once in a while.
- I love being around other people–which in some ways goes back to the reason I started this blog, to connect with other people and share my ideas.
But when I boil it all done, this blog is really just the story of us, our little family of three plus one four-legged friend. Our busy little family striving towards our own version of the American dream fueled by faith, passion, and determination. While there is always some new project, some new recipe, or some new race, the real story is the relationship we have with each other.
Thanks for stopping in.
On the Bookshelf page you will find a list of the books I’ve read or am reading this year. You can learn more about my New Year’s Resolution here. If you have any questions or want my opinion of a book on the list, please feel free to send me comment. Also I’m open to suggestions so if you’ve read a good book recently then I’d love to hear about it.
Under the Stories page (also a dropdown) is where I plan to post the stories I’ve written. You can select the title and it will bring up the story or you can click on the main Stories page to get a synopsis. Please feel free to share but I ask that you link back to my page since these stories are from my own head and no one else’s.